MERALCO extends no-disconnection policy until end of April

FIT-All Meralco

The Manila Electric Company (MERALCO) is extending its no-disconnection policy until April 30 following the government’s decision to place Metro Manila and neighboring provinces under modified enhanced community quarantine (MECQ).

MERALCO’s franchise area covers the entire Metro Manila, Cavite, Bulacan, and Rizal, as well as parts of Laguna.

“Given the ongoing pandemic situation and the latest quarantine measures, and always conscious of the challenges our customers are facing amid these trying times,” MERALCO FVP and Chief Commercial Officer Ferdinand Geluz said in a statement.

He added that the company will continue to be very considerate during this period and vowed to assist its customers in need of help with their concerns.

“We hope this extension will help lessen the burden of our customers and provide enough relief and time for them to settle their bills,” Geluz said.

Prior to this, MERALCO suspended its disconnection activities upon the reimposition of the ECQ in the NCR-plus bubble in late March.

The power giant also reiterated that it will continue vital operations such as meter reading, following the order of the Energy Regulatory Commission (ERC), and will also continue to work round the clock to serve its customers.

“Our continued operations will ensure that actual consumption for the month will be billed accordingly. But rest assured there will be strict implementation of health protocols in order to safeguard the health and safety of both customers and our personnel,” Geluz added.

In an advisory last year, the ERC encouraged customers who have the ability to pay to settle their bills within the original due date “to help manage the cash flow in the energy supply chain and ensure the continuous supply of electricity.”

Comments

comments




%d bloggers like this: